At Clifton Centre we share a commitment to sound environmental practices. More and more, the care for the environment is an issue that influences our thinking, our decisions, and the projects that we would like to be involved with. We also acknowledge that we are in a privileged position to contribute to more sustainable practices and believe in the importance and value of all efforts made.
Some of our current ways of contributing are:
- Supporting projects both here in Australia and overseas that respond to environmental issues and issues of social justice
- Recycling of all paper waste
- Use of recycled paper for printing.
- Using electronic methods for newsletters and mail outs.
- Using a web based fax service for sending and receiving faxes.
- Use of laptops instead of desktop computers for lower power use.
- Use of Green Electricity to power our office with installed low energy lighting.
In the future we plan to find ways to offset the carbon produced from our use of transport – car and air travel.
We would welcome your feedback and ideas for how we might better improve our care of the environment.
Some of the members of Clifton Centre and its associates share an interest in ways of living that we believe are in line with issues of social justice, environmental justice, community approaches to living and working in a sustainable manner.
These interests include but are not limited to the following:
Alternative technologies - Permaculture - Community sharing - Backyard chooks - Worm farming - Solar energy - Composting - Growing climate specific plants - Bee Keeping - Growing vegetables - Bike riding for everyday transport
If you would like more information about our commitment to the environment, please contact us.